Hello I’m Barbara, an English Coach for EFL/ESL/TEFL/ESOL Learners. I teach English as a Second Language and can identify with learners whose English is not their primary language.
I help committed Non English Speaking Adults and Children to learn and improve their English skills.
I am a TEFL and CELTA qualified Teacher with over 5 years’ experience. I have taught all levels and age groups in a Secondary school, Summer school and College. I have MA. Applied Linguistics (Tefl), University of Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, BA Hons. in Language Studies with English and French, as well as Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA).
During the teaching sections, I ensure that teaching meets British Council requirements at all times by ;
• Planning effective lessons which are appropriate to the needs of the students and the course aims of developing students’ skills;
• Selecting materials that are appropriate for the students and relevant for the activities
• Delivering dynamic and effective lessons that maintain learner interest, using appropriate teaching feedback and correction techniques;
• Managing resources appropriately and effectively to facilitate learning; and
• Managing learning activities and interactions effectively to engage students;
I have taught:-
- EAL (English Additional Learners) as a Supply EFL Teacher at Lea Manor High School, Luton UK;
- ESOL tutoring at Milton Keynes college, during the College term and Summer school JCP Workshop;
- EFL tutoring in a Summer school with Professional Linguistic Upper Studies,
at Loughborough University; and
- English Coaching online using Zoom for French Children
If you want to improve your Spoken or written English, I can adapt the classes to meet your particular requirement to improve your English skills. You can learn privately from the comfort of your home via Zoom/Skype.
Let me know if you would like to book a free 30-min strategy session with me so that I can better understand your current situation and give you some advice on your immediate next steps to become an effective English communicator.
Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Send message here:Contact